Saturday, June 16, 2012

Busy Little Bee



Hi all…its Mom, baby's taking a nap so I thought I would sneak my own blog in here while he wasn’t looking.  Times, they are a changin around here.  This little dude is on a fast track and it makes his mamma a nervous wreck!  In a matter of about a week he mastered the more challenging roll from back to front, and enjoys this new trick so much we can hardly put him under his activity gym without him instantly winding up on his tummy…facing in the opposite direction, or completely rolled off the carpet onto the hardwood floor.  He also likes to employ this maneuver while he is sleeping.  Beginning position? On the tummy facing window.  Wake up position? On the back facing the closet.  It’s a trip.  He has also located his feet, and finds them to be quite the delicacy :)  He now reaches up for us when he wants out of the crib…be still  my heart...and has graduated to a baby Einstein Jump-a-roo for play time as being on the floor just isn’t cutting it anymore.  Ohhh this is moving way too fast and I know its just a downhill slide from here.  I’m getting the sense that this is the ever present parental dilemma.  You want them to grow and thrive but that means losing this precious sweet time that seems all too short.  And if his desire to move is any indication we had better be purchasing our cabinet locks and baby gates in short order OY!
Mike and I are really enjoying this time of new discovery with him.  Its been so fun to take him to try new things like riding bikes and swimming in the pool.  We feel so lucky that he, for the most part, is a super adaptable fella and seems to love being outside with mom and dad.  Mike gets lots of laughs and thumbs up for his baby on board bike rides and just as we had hoped his love of the bathtub has translated to a love of bigger bodies of water too.  It is my goal to get us all to the beach for the first time tomorrow!  Hopefully I will have pics to post about that soon.  
Matthew has also found his vocal chords...and he is not afraid to use them (I have no idea where he might get this from ;)  He babbles and coos and squeals and just looks at you so intently like, why aren't you picking up what Im putting down here?  He has turned into a voracious little eater and we are nearing the exciting journey of introducing solid foods.  I am actually planning to let him taste some avocado this weekend, so we'll see how that goes.
If I had the time (or the capability from  my phone) I could literally update this blog every day with some fun new fact in the life of our little boy, but clearly I have neither.  So I will continue to try and be better about keeping everyone up to date and hopefully Matt will be willing to pick up my slack where needed.

Love to all,
LA







1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, he is so precious! I especially love the little rolls on his tummy :) give him big kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete