Thursday, March 8, 2012

Maybe it's the solar flares....

...or perhaps the full moon but I am typing this one handed standing in front of my computer swaying side to side with little man finally nestled in the Moby wrap because my arm was literally threatening to fall off.  He has been a fussy, out of sorts mess since our abrupt wake up this morning.  Although I'd like to blame outer space anomalies for abducting my normally content, good napping baby I fear this may be a lot more mundane and normal than I'd like to allow myself to believe.  It is difficult for me to feel like I am unable to console my child...flesh of my flesh...but the cold hard facts can not be denied...sometimes I just can't solve the mystery.  Is it that he's over tired from his pitiful nap schedule yesterday, or perhaps our dinner out that took us a bit off our regular routine last evening?  Did I eat something that is hurting his belly, or is this just his regular gassy self?  Is he hungry?... No, he can't be hungry we just ate an hour and a half ago!!!....riiiiggghhhtt.... ;)  Truth is it could be all of these or none of these and I may never know.  
                             Content baby...where did you go?


Everyday is a new day, and all those challenges I feel like I finally solved yesterday...well, like I said it's a new day.  So we will continue to sway and rock and pat and snuggle and lean on our crutch known as the "white noise" app on our phones (seriously...if you don't have this yet you must get it, small baby not required it's great for grown ups too) to try and navigate each new day...and maybe if we're lucky his mood will shift back with the phasing of the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment