Thursday, March 8, 2012

Finding normal

I realize single words can't qualify as oxymorons but this single word should have an exception made for it.   Normal doesn't quite fit the context of life these days, at least not in its former more traditional sense.  Normal used to consist of sitting on the couch sipping my coffee, now it means seeing how few times I can reheat my coffee before I get to finish it (3 so far today).  Normal used to be regular gym workouts, now it means  24/7 at home strength training sessions...this boy is heavy!  My normal joy of cooking has taken a back seat to things that can be preped quickly or eaten quickly with one hand...see twenty four seven gym mention above.  And while I have always loved my dairy products, I never expected to turn into the dairy myself!  My baby caring has transitioned to baby wearing, my purse has magically transformed into a diaper bag,  and sadly I'd much rather have a glass of water over a glass of wine...gasp!  While I know these "norms" are not going to last forever and dare I say it, might one day return to their former selves, I am working really hard to embrace...and actually loving...this new version.  Who knew "normal" with a party of three could be so much fun ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment